Five Card Majors
- Availability: In Stock
- Product Code: sw-5-cd-majors
- Product viewed: 10428
Bernard Magee, Britain's most popular bridge teacher, develops your five-card majors in the course of 200 deals.
- Opening Bids & Responses
- Support for Partner
- Opener's & Responder's Rebids
- Notrump Openings
- Minors and Misfits
- Slams & Strong Openings
- Competitive Bidding
The explanations are spoken. This allows you to focus your eyes on the hand while listening to the words of Bernard Magee. You need a PC with a sound card and a connected loudspeaker. If these are not available, the explanations are displayed as text on the screen.
Besides the explanations to the individual bids, at the end of an auction there is always an explanation which discusses the bidding as a whole.
You need a PC with the operating system Windows Me/XP/Vista/7/8/10 and a CD drive.
A sound card is necessary for spoken explanations.
After the auction you can play the contract, usually as declarer. Some of the contracts are easy but many are interesting, and you have to play carefully. During the play, however, mistakes will not be alerted, and there is no absolute guarantee that the program finds the best defence. Still, an inaccurate line usually gets punished.
Download Five-Card Majors Demo
The demo version is a self-extracting file of about 4200kb size. It contains 5 of the 200 hands.
Installation of the demo version:
The installation is done in three steps:
- Download the file to a temporary folder, e.g. 'c:\temp'.
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- It suggests to extract the files to a folder c:\games\qbtrain-d-five-card-m
- Start the extraction by the 'unzip' button.
- At the end of the extraction, an installation program starts. A shortcut will be created on the desktop and in the Windows Start menu.
More details from www.q-plus.com.