Mr Bridge
card fan

mrbridge.co.uk

for BRIDGE Magazine, holidays and much more

Welcome to our Community!

If you want to take part in the discussions, sign in or apply for membership below.

"Having None"

edited December 2011 in Bridge Laws
In one of my bridge clubs there are 2 -3 players who seem to have a pathological difficulty in keeping to the suit that has been led. When playing against them one has to constantly keep alert in order to avoid a revoke happening, which adds an additional mental strain which one could well do without! Yesterday evening, such an event happened, which I alerted, and it caused a great deal of consternation and general bad feeling that I was left thinking "Is it worth flagging this up?"

At a recent Mr Bridge weekend, I first came across the phrase "Having none partner?", something which I hadn't heard before. (Only been playing club bridge for a few years.) However, having remembered it this morning I was thinking that if this phrase is also available to the opposition, albeit in the amended form of "Having none ....?", then the problem might be more easily resolved. I can't see how the opponents pointing out the lack of a suit is any different from the partner.

Comments

• edited 10:02AM
    Law 61B covers this. Declarer may ask a defender, dummy may ask declarer but not the defenders,Defenders may ask declarer and also one another.